Wednesday, April 05, 2006


Man, I >do love the city sometimes. And those sometimes are only when it is sunny and gorgeous and my boss gives me the afternoon off, and I really needed the afternoon off. I just wandered around the neighborhood around UCSF and have to say I am going to miss this crazy city. Here are some of my favorite things-
1. An amazing abundance of coffee shops. I love just ducking into one and having a cup of tea..So far my favorite is Atlas Cafe. Off by my work and just on the way to the climbing gym, this place is always happening and full of life. And dogs. And the only place thus far that makes a mean coconut latte.
2. Wishbone. The best place for perfect birthday and thank you gifts. I was just there and found an awesome little something for April's 23rd coming up soon!
3. Public transportation. A dog took the N Judah train home with me. To the dog park. How urban and perfect!
4. The crazies who talk to me. Too bad they have to be crazy, but I love chatting it up with the folks on the bus.
5. If all goes well on our date tonight.. I will have a new favorite place tomorrow.. stay tuned!! All signs lead to awesomeness, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag quite yet.
6. Being able to have lunch with Emily at the drop of a hat. Going to miss this a lot.

Anyways, just a sampling. Tomorrow when the rain returns and threatens to drown our little 7x7 slice of life, I probably won't be as cheery. But for today, I hope everyone got out and enjoyed the nice weather and realized how lucky we all are. Ciao!

1 comment:

MrsEm said...

I'm in love with the city today too! So sunny! So full of cabs! Too bad that affair is going to end tomorrow when SF starts raining again!