Monday, December 18, 2006
Where have I been??
Not blogging, apparently. Sorry about that. Things have been absolutely mad trying to tie up all the loose ends before heading back to California for the holidays. Which I am SO excited about. Here is a recap of some of our events.
1. Here are the pictures from Thanksgiving. Finally. It was a blast but quite a stretch for our little house to hold 15 or so people for the big dinner. But we all managed to sit down together, which was awesome. To get seconds you had to go out the front door and back in through the porch... but oh well.
2. After all my hard work, my first results from the Rana EGR-1 gene expression assay.. were inconclusive. No statistical significance. Which is a bummer, but I've learned that science NEVER works on the first try, and I feel like I learned a lot and gave the project my best effort. Also there are tons of beautiful frog brain slides left for tons of other people to analyze. I just kinda don't care that much any more...
3. Teaching was a blast. But I am quite glad it is over. I definitely want to give it another go though.
4. Trent is in the community band of Chapel Hill. Last night they had their first concert at a retirement village. It was maybe the cutest thing I have ever seen.
5. I signed up for a marathon!! Cuz I am not going to be insanely busy with my next rotation (which I am getting very excited about) I thought I might as well just run a few.. 26, miles. Running has been a great catharsis for me with stress, and this one is down in Myrtle Beach, SC, so I am very excited. 9 weeks to train!
6. Taking Christmas card photos by riding all over campus with the bikes and taking pictures in front of pretty buildings is a blast.
7. I've learned that biology graduate students love to talk about science all the time. And they love to dance to 80's music. Alllll the time.
8. Apparently winter in Chapel Hill means 65 degrees. Which I am SOOO okay with.
Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates, and I can't promise to be much better soon because we are heading back to the West on Thursday. But I will try. I hope everyone has a very happy holidays filled with my favorites; food, family, and fun.