Monday, April 28, 2008

Yes I Can!


I just had a wonderful meeting with my boss. He reassured me that my first committee meeting is about getting everyone's input and utilizing their knowledge, not proving that I know everything myself. He gave me specific tips to deal with each of the very large personalities that will be in the room and said some very nice things about my scientific skills and talents.


I know exactly where I get my "worst case senario" syndrome from (I do believe we were discussing this last night, Mom). But, just as she does, I need to realize that I am smart and hardworking and actually know things!


And now I need to go study and practice and polish this bad boy like crazy. But tonight T and I are going to an Obama rally at the Dean Dome (the big basketball complex at UNC). I am so excited to hear what he has to say.

No comments: