Tuesday, November 27, 2007

25 Reasons why my 25th Birthday was great


1. I woke up next to the man I love.

2. Who made me a big bowl of oatmeal with lots of yummy dried fruit and maple syrup in it.

3. I rode my bike to work, wearing my favorite green J.Crew cashmere sweater.

4. It was a quintessential fall day.

5. I saw "I'm Not There," the Bob Dylan biopic on Saturday after freezing at the UNC vs. Duke football game and going to a restaurant to watch the rest of it with my awesome bio ladies. Good movie, great company. Afterwards we came back to the cottage and played a mean round of scrabble. Oh and UNC totally beat "Dook" in overtime. Go Heels!

6. Deirdre, Steph, and I went to sushi for lunch. So yummy.

7. I love my job, I get to be creative everyday and never feel stifled.

8. I came to work to find a bunch of balloons and a festive poster. And my boss brought a cake, and a co-worker brought cupcakes, and everyone sang to me. Awww.

9. Deirdre bought me a coconut latte when I crashed from all the sugar. And few things make me happier than a coconut latte.

10. I left work with an organized desk and bench, happy flies, and lots of experiments in the works.

11. I came home to find a big box of goodies from my parents, including a gorgeous silver necklace from Greece (you guys know me!!), lots of Christmas goodies including our family's traditional poppers, and lots of yummy treats from Trader Joe's.

12. Our Trader Joe's should open any day. They are stocking the shelves! We are so excited.

13. The heater guy may have actually fixed our heater... keep your fingers crossed.

14. Trent's mom sent me a cute beaded clutch, some great lotion and lip balm, and coupons to local restaurants we've been to cheap to go try out. We are going to have some excellent dinners ahead of us. Thank you!

15. Trent's grandmother send me adorable pictures of Trent as a child that made me want to have a baby. He was adorable.

16. However, we are meeting with a mortgage broker at the credit union to discuss the possibility of buying house.. so I can have a dog instead of a baby. Probably a better idea right now.

17. I heard from just about everyone wishing me a happy birthday. Nice to be remembered.

18. Darling April called to send me best wishes and asked me to be a bridesmaid for her upcoming July 5th wedding in SLO. I am SO excited, they are having it at an apple orchard in See Canyon, having it catered by F.McClintocks's, a local bbq restaurant, and I get to help pick the pink bridesmaid dresses. It is going to be a wonderful day, and I am so honored to be a part of it with her.

19. I am going to run in the Boston Marathon!!

20. I am getting my Ph.D!!

21. My family is happy and healthy and everyone is doing well.

22. My sweetie gets home any minute from his crew practice, and we are meeting up with friends for dinner and an unveiling of a new beer.

23. I am going dancing with a bunch of friends on Thursday and will be acting anything but 25 years old. I love to dance!

24. Deirdre is having a "Hills Holiday Party" this weekend. Trent and I are going as Whitney and that trainer dude she went on a date with. Good times. I am excited about all the upcoming holiday parties, decorating our house with lots of lights, getting a tree, and baking lots of cookies and such.

25. I am loved.


Happy birthday to me and thanks to everyone who helped make it so special. It has been a great quarter century, looking forward to a few more lovely ones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your day was filled with so much fun. Congrats on turning the big 2-5!
I'd give ya a ring, but I think you're out partying it up...have a blast!

Sara said...

happy birthday!!
glad to hear you had a great day.

MrsEm said...

Happy birthday!

PS: Your package to me has surfaced, it's waiting a the post office in the Castro for me to pick up :)

MissScientistSF said...

oh hooray. I was so sad that it was possibly lost.. I kinda put a lot of effort into picking/making awesome gifts. SO glad it has resurfaced, sorry you have to go to the post office!

MrsEm said...

Start blogging again! I want to see Christmas photos!