Saturday, August 05, 2006

Skirt Search

Can't sleep, so I apologize to those reading this blog purely for trip details, but..

I've been on an epic denim skirt search ever since I regretfully gave away my favorite one last year. It has been ongoing and even caused me to pry nosily into our friends lives (sorry Colleen, thanks for the skirt info though!). Here are some options I've found so far-

JCrew. Don't necessarily love it, but hard to tell. I like that it is JCrew and will last forever, just not sure about the material. But how awesome is their fall marketing. Did you see the golden retreiver wearing the smart driving cap?? Love it.

Gap. Awkward model makes the skirt not so appealling, but it could be alright, no?

Chip and Pepper
. I like this one better, but it isn't on such a nice sale.

7 for all Mankind. Love the jeans from this company and the skirt is nice except not sure I want to spend that moola on something already fraying. I sound like my mother...

Did you know they made 7 for all Mankind and Juicy skirts... for little girls. How ridiculous!! I would have fallen in some mud puddle chasing a frog and ruined it immediately! If I ever wore skirts optionally when I was a child.

Anyways, leave your vote in the comments, or your recommendation for ones I missed. I want to wear it all the time.. especially with these boots, in esspresso! Or these, and cute argyle socks with the weather turns foul.

5 comments:

Sara said...

my thoughts:

i love the jcrew skirt, also on the like it list, the gap and the second (not on sale) Chip n pepper. I dont like the front slits or the lighter denim, i think the darker is much more refined looking.

I LOVE the second boots, with these knee socks! I think I have to pick up a pair of those on my next trip.

Sara said...

some others:

this one from old navy, if you took off the belt, the super dark denim could be cute, and for $29 it might be worth a shot.

this one from Lucky is cute but maybe too short? i like the color and the pockets.

Sara said...

(shopping for other people is fun :)

MissScientistSF said...

You're the best Sara!! Thanks! I will let you know what I decide :)

Sara said...

i came across 2 more skirts (ha, can you tell i have nothing to do at work?), and i ordered those boots you found.

this one

and this one