Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Swimming, not sinking!!

Hehehe, I am in my new lab!! Probably shouldn't be blogging already but... meh?

Back at the bench and I LOVE IT!! Never thought I was an obsessively clean person until you ask me to transform a plasmid into some e.coli... I nearly sprayed the whole place down with ethanol and relabelled half of their equipment already.

Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates, no internet at the home yet. But Trent arrived yesterday, so that will probably change very soon. I have lots of great pictures of the adorable cottage looking more home-like everyday. Look forward to a post hopefully by this weekend. I cannot believe how busy I am.. at school from 8am to 8pm today! But things are going great, finally settling in. OH, and Sara.. TA-ing is a trip!! Love the students, but tons of work. Last friday I poured about 200 LB agar plates. My arm was dying!

Gotta run, don't wanna make a bad impression. Hope you are all doing great!

4 comments:

MrsEm said...

Thanks for the update!

Sara said...

hey, glad you are doing well! maybe i should go sign up to TA, im stuck in nothing-to-do land after every single part of my new cryostat that could be broken has been over the course of about 2 months...experimental physics is.so.slow!

MissScientistSF said...

I love cryostats! I used them at the old lab, so now I get to be the pro cuz we are gonna start sectioning frozen frog brains!

MrsEm said...

You need to live blog tropical storm Ernesto for those of us who don't get to experience hurricanes first hand! Is it raining?