Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Two Things

1. Riding your mountain bike to work in the snow while wearing all your ski clothes and running into friends who think you are ridiculous is an awesome/terrible idea. It was kind of scary, but luckily most of my ride is on a bike path. And in hindsight, one of the most fun things I've done lately. Looking forward to the ride home! There are a good six inches of powder out there. And our friends did have a camera.. so this nonsense was documented!

2. I am so hopeful, optimistic, nervous, excited, a million other adjectives, about the transition of power that just took place. I love the open displays of affection for his wife and daughters, I love his amazing speeches, and I have my fingers crossed like crazy for him. I organized a viewing of the inauguration in a conference room and everyone spontaneously started clapping and cheering. The views of the Mall all filled with hopeful faces was truly touching.

Happy Tuesday, it's been a great one so far!

No comments: