Friday, September 25, 2009

Off Again

And before you know it, I am off again. This time to a conference in Asheville. It should be some great science and hopefully pretty restful for me (I am not going to keep up with the high levels of drinking that this retreat is known for). I pretty much unpacked, washed, and packed the same clothes!

But we made a lot of wedding progress this week and it is just around the corner. After my lab meeting next Wednesday I am pretty much checking out of science/grad school life and focusing on being a bride.

Unfortunately, I am missing a big weekend. Trent's birthday is tomorrow and he is doing a Half Ironman with the "Team" on Sunday. Luckily he has lots of celebrating in the weeks to come. And he went to the eye doctor this morning and his previous degenerative disease is doing great, no progression and everything looks good. Hooray.

Happy weekend all. And I promise, NYC pictures will be soon.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Hey Jean! You are so close to the wedding day. I'm sure you're super excited. I am beside myself. I feel like when I was home for winter break in elementary school, and just counting down the days till Christmas morning. I love that you'll get to take some serious time planning on being a bride after next Wednesday! Unfortunately, I'm working up till Tuesday afternoon. But as soon as I board that plane Tuesday afternoon, nothing but fun wedding goodness on the brain! Being busy at work is at least making the time fly by.

My sister got married last summer, and was home for 10 days before the wedding. Nick's sister was home for three weeks before her wedding to plan. I"m envious of those people to have the flexibility to take so much time from work to plan the wedding. but despite the work schedule, we're ready to rock and roll next weekend.

So great to run into you and Trent last weekend. Nice to see a familiar UNC pair of faces! Safe travels this weekend.

Haley v. said...

You are one jet-setta! Can't wait till you girls are out here chillin on the beach with me!