Saturday, May 12, 2007
Happy Mother's Day
Although Emily already did a fabulous tribute to our mom on her blog, I just wanted to say a few things about my amazing mother. I definitely see the effects of genetics between us...
1. I can see myself having a "uniform" someday. And I am okay with it.
2. I understand the restorative powers of long walks.
3. I, too, love crazy dogs.
4. One of my greatest pleasures is finding out stranger's life stories. Especially when out to dinner or on public transportation.
5. I find weeding cathartic.
6. I love a fresh tomato on a piece of wheat bread with a bit of onion salt.
7. The backroads and local diners are the best way to travel. Especially because of item #4.
I only hope I can someday be as generous in time and energy, as kind in spirit, as loyal to friends, as devoted to my family, and as successful in my career as she is. She has set the bar incredibly high and is the greatest role model I could ask for.
Thank you Mom.. for everything you have given me.