Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Kat (Ontario, Canada)
Cheezy (London, England)
tafka PP (Jerusalem, Israel)
Liza ("Northern" Israel)
Beth (Dublin, Ireland)
Emily (San Francisco, CA, USA)
Jean (Chapel Hill, NC, USA)
We are relative newcomers to the East coast but have definitely enjoyed getting to know our fabulous city's yummy food. Our favorites so far:
1. Weaver Street. So yes, it is technically a grocery store, but they also have amazingly good food. All very organic and yummy. But its true charm is the seating.. outside at picnic tables or on the lawn. Great for watching adorable babies and puppies on a Saturday morning, completely acceptable to go covered in mud on the way home from mt. biking, or a great date night to sit outside on a warm evening with a bottle of wine and some delicious cheese.
2. Aki Hana. There are so many transplants from all over the nation that luckily Chapel Hill has some awesome sushi. Pretty reasonable prices and a sea weed salad that is worth the often lengthy line.
3. Carrburrito. We were pretty sure we were giving up good Mexican food upon our move. However, Carrburrito saved the day. Awesome fish burritos!
4. Mama Dip's. Although we were worried about missing out on our favorite California cuisine, we were lucky to get to experience real southern cuisine. This is the best we've found.. sooo good.
5. Carolina Brewery. There is no better place to enjoy a local brew, eat a big juicy burger, and scream hysterically at the huge TV when the 'Heels are playing.
This is what we've got so far.. maybe we will stumble upon a new favorite soon. Lots to explore. Especially when I am up at the NIH in Bethesda. I am looking forward to some great Ethiopian food!