Thursday, March 26, 2009

Homesteading


I am not sure if it is the economy, the idea of being a "wife" in the near future, or just being in Carrboro for too long, but I am on a super "homesteading" kick recently. I have no idea if that is the correct phrase. I am dying to bake my own bread, make jam and yogurt, make a quilt, have chickens and thriving garden.

I am taking a class from the bread-bakers at Weaver St to learn how to make really good sourdough (and they give you their starter!), I anxiously peek at my budding veggies daily, and seriously.. chickens would be awesome. Or ducks, a la my childhood? I am hoping to pick up some more ideas when visiting Norma in a few weeks.

Any other suggestions? I want to learn to quilt.. recommendations?

4 comments:

MrsEm said...

I'm totally with you on this one. Want to get a farm and leave the corporate world and academic life behind?

MissScientistSF said...

Yes. In Portland. And we wear nothing but Hunter boots, wool, and corduroy. It's a plan.

Haley said...

Hehe, I'm going to a quilting class today. I'm just making a Hawaiian quilt pillow, but by the time I finish all the classes I need...this is gonna be one pricey pillow!
My advice...find someone who starts the big sewing work on a machine and then actually quilts by hand to teach ya ;-). A little more "instant" gratification that way. Go team Martha!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,