Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Giving Back: Pledging NPR

Well folks, they've done it or he has rather. Steve Inskeep of NPR's Morning Addition convinced me on Friday to contribute to the NPR pledge drive. Of course there is no organization I'd rather contribute my hard earned money to than NPR, who has stuck by me through countless hours in the lab, and as a much welcomed alternative to TV.

How did he get me you ask? Well, not only did he say that I would be entered into a drawing with little competition for a vacation, but a nice NPR hoody and subscription to Business Week for Trent. While we didn't win that drawing, I am proud to be a supporter of NPR, a superior form of news, knowledge and entertainment.

2 comments:

MrsEm said...

It was the hoodie that got you, right?

MissScientistSF said...

I love me some hoodie. It is definitely a weakness. I actually have this furry hoody in mind for a birthday post...