I've been tagged. And I am bored waiting for an enzyme digest to finish, so here we go!
1. What did you do 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was just finishing my freshman year of highschool. I had just decided that I really needed to be on the soccer team, although I had no prior experience and played for hours in the Smart and Final parking lot across from my friends house with her and her brothers. I made varsity my junior year! I also spent the summer riding my beloved horse Evan, surfing a ton, and taking lots of long walks on the beach with my wonderful friends. We were so innocent and goofy, it was a wonderful summer.
2. Five items on your to-do list:
1. Get my last construct cloned so I can have them all sequenced and make sure it worked, and then do lots of fun experiments!
2. Write in my lab notebook before I lose track of all the data I have sitting on my desk.
3. Another rowing lesson with Trent.
4. Organize an evening tennis tournament (we've been playing at the courts by our house at 9m and it is awesome).
5. Call Haley (She's graduated, is moving, gotta catch up!), Jill (Is she in Turkey yet? I guess I'll find out!) , and April (Her wedding is very soon, I need to send her pics of the dress after all the alterations and discuss bridesmaid activities).
3. Snacks I enjoy:
Watermelon, cherry tomatoes, chips and guacamole, Chex-Mix, popcorn, carrots and celery, dark chocolate almond snickers, ice tea with lots of ice, miso soup.
4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Set up a sweet science facility with the best equipment available, amazing housing for the scientists to live in that has tons of mountain biking trails, lakes, great restaurants, fantastic childcare, all provided for free. Invite scientists to do sabbaticals from all over the world, and make some awesome progress. Also, a big ranch to live at that raises organic heirloom tomatoes and fresh cheese, where my family can come visit for as long as they'd like and a restored hybrid Karmen Gia to drive to work everyday.
5. Places I would live:
To work: Seattle, Cambridge, San Francisco, Oslo- Norway, San Diego, Boulder, Vancouver
To play: La Paz - Baja California, Monteverde- Costa Rica, Oaxaca- Mexico, Cape Cod, Maine, San Luis Obispo.
6. Jobs I have had:
Shipping clerk at family business
Worst Big 5 Employee Ever
Theraputic riding instructor
UC Davis campus tour guide (awesome job)
Alfalfa pest resistance lab (driving tractors, collecting bugs)
Chloroplast ion channel biochemistry lab (grinding up pea plants, photosynthesis!)
Cystic fibrosis research assistant (collecting tracheas from autopsies, lots of cool experiments)
Graduate Student : Teaching Assistant, Student, Researcher, Trainer of new students, organizer of lots of events, grad student association president.
Perfect timing, my experiment is ready to be checked. Enjoy!