I stumbled upon 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son. It is a great list of advice a father plans to tell his son about life and living. I love to browse and I am constantly reminded of how much of the advice my own Dad passed along to me.
A few examples:
253. There is always something that could use a fresh coat of paint.
(every summer the Frog Prince got a fresh coat)
250. Be precise.
(good skill for a scientist, and for life in general. one look at the bookshelves he built for our living room and you will know my dad knows precision)
238. Read before bed every night.
(this is engrained in me from growing up with parents who cherished reading so)
212. Make yourself useful on a boat
(he sure got me up to date on that one)
194. Have a signature dish, even if it is your only one.
(he taught me to make an excellent omelet)
7. Learn to change a tire and fix a belt.
(he did ensure that we know our way around our cars)
And this quote from the site always makes me smile, especially since we are a family of two that owns eight bicycles;
“ Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."
H. G. Wells
H. G. Wells