Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Okay, I am not even going to mention the fact it has been so long since I have last posted. Except for right then. It is a new dawn, a new day, the storm clouds have lifted, and everyone gets a freebie. Yes we can. California.. you kind of broke my heart. Fix it please?

So let's catch up real quick. A list perhaps?

1. This summer was a lovely treat. We harvested tomatoes and cucumbers, hung clean laundry on the line, went to a rope swing down by the river with friends for fun, ate lots of ice cream.. it was dreamy.





2. We made new best friends. For the whole family. It is a thrilling sensation to meet people who fit a perfect niche that was missing beforehand. Steven is the women's novice head coach, and Amanda works for a non-profit. They live about a block away, we have everything in common, and our dogs are in love with each other. Couldn't be better.

















3. We did some rock climbing in Pilot Mountain. Even the dogs were involved. Awesome dogs.






































3. We developed a Saturday morning routine, like my parents. Breakfast at Weaver St, Farmers Market, then to Johnny's, our newest favorite place to drink coffee with friends and admire watermelons. I think I ate at least a watermelon a week. Sweet.



4. The house has become a home. Tons of updates. Recent favorite, we turned this salvage into this gorgeous piece. Yay bookshelves finally!



5. Trent is working at UNC, writing for Re-Nest.com, and coaching the men's novice crew team. Busy fella. But he is a happy camper and an adorable coach. Or at least I think so.



6. My science is going really well, just trucking along and narrowing down in scope to a feasible thesis project. I will propose in the first few months of the year. I am enjoying it, but it is a bit draining at times. So at times, I drink too much with my boss at scientific retreats. Hillarious.



7. I've fallen back in love with horseback riding. Trouble!

8. I have a marathon this weekend. We are all going for the weekend with the dogs and such. Stephen and I are doing the full, Amanda is doing the half, and Trent brings us snacks.

9. I had SUCH an amazing time at my sister's wedding. You've heard all about it from her, but I second, it was awesome. So fun to see friends and family.

10. As you've seen from all the pictures, Sadie is just about my favorite thing ever. She is my running partner, thrilled to see us when we get home, and helps me garden. Everyone needs a dog.



11. I spent the weekend with a 1.5 year old. It was pretty awesome. But don't get any ideas.




Anyways, that catches things up a bit. I have big plans for house updates, science commentary, and plenty more pictures of the dog in the future. Trent just got home from having dinner with his team at the university dining hall. He brought me dinner. I am a lucky gal. Hope all is well..

1 comment:

MrsEm said...

Hooray for Blogging!